Happy New Year to all our supporters, and we hope you all had a restful festive break.
Here’s a quick look back at some of our highlights from 2022.
- We helped over 5,870 clients with over 12,160 issues
- We gained £1.8 million in financial outcomes for our clients
- We launched our brand new website
- We secured funding for and launched new services expanding our rural outreach and giving advice at local foodbanks
- We helped even more people than last year whilst beginning to rebuild our volunteer base
- We successfully campaigned for an increase in benefit rates
- We held workshops in the community and online to offer help with the Cost of Living crisis, scams awareness and debt management
- We received visits from our local MPs
- We continued to reach the wider community via our social media channels – Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- We supplied a weekly column to our local newspapers
- We attended local events including the Walsworth Festival in Hitchin and Ashwell at Home
In 2022, our clients gave us some amazing feedback…
Results from our recent client experience surveys:
Time spent with us was valuable 100% of clients
Appointment helped them find a way forward 98% of clients
Confident to resolve issue after appointment with us 98% of clients
Want to find out more about how to get involved with fundraising at Citizens Advice North Hertfordshire?
Upcoming Fundraising Events in 2023
Friday 24th February at 7 p.m.
CANH Music Quiz – at Knights Templar School, Baldock
Sunday 14th May
Citizens Advice Go the Extra Mile fundraising walk
If you’d like to take part in either of these events please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for a New Job or Volunteer Role in 2023?
Our team is growing and you could be a part of it. We have paid and volunteer opportunities to join our amazing charity and support local residents across North Hertfordshire and South Cambridgeshire.
You will have access to extensive, high quality training, a network of support and opportunities to influence policy and practice.
We want to hear from you…
Whether or not you have personally used our service over the last 12 months, we’re interested in getting your views.
We would like to ask you to take a few minutes to complete our survey about ways of accessing our services and what you think the most important issues will be in our area over the next 12 months.
We would be really grateful for your feedback.
There are many challenges ahead for our local community as the Cost of Living crisis worsens.
Our main positive is the consistent hard work and dedication of our staff and volunteers who support each client in the best way possible and continuously prove that our residents are at the heart of what we do.
Without them, we would not have been able to support the almost 6,000 clients that we have this year.
Finally, a big thank you to all of our funders and stakeholders for always supporting us!
We look forward to 2023 and continuing our work, putting our clients first and overcoming any new challenges as they arise.