Our General Advice service, funded by North Herts Council and South Cambridgeshire District Council, provides information, signposting and advice. It also provides access to our range of funded projects that enable us to provide specialist or casework services.
- Debt & Benefits Specialist Advice for settle tenants (funded by settle)
- Letchworth Financial Health provides debt and benefits advice, financial capability workshops, and community outreach on all things money in Letchworth (funded by the Letchworth Garden City Heritage Foundation)
- Trussell Trust Financial Inclusion provides specialist debt and benefits advice to Letchworth Food Bank users (funded by the Trussell Trust)
- Crisis Intervention provides debt and benefits casework for those with urgent and complex needs (funded by Hertfordshire County Council)
- Disability Benefits Form Filling (funded by the Graham Rowlandson Foundation)
- Welfare Benefits Appeals: our clients benefit from the services of a county-wide benefits appeals specialist (funded by Hertfordshire County Council and based at Citizens Advice Stevenage)
- Homelessness Prevention is a service for those with rent and mortgage arrears, including court desk representation (funded by North Herts Council)
North Herts Citizens Advice can help guide you through the options to make your home more energy efficient and greener. There is financial help for those on low incomes, but from this autumn the Government will make many more people eligible. Older properties or, those without mains gas, will be among the priorities under the Great British Insulation scheme and could attract help with the costs of upgrading insulation or, replacing old boilers with air sourced heat pumps and solar panels. Some of the energy companies and installers have already started to market their solutions, but even with government help householders may find them very expensive. We can provide Energy Information sessions and independent guidance to help you find the best solutions to meet your personal circumstances.
Rural Outreach & Scam Awareness
- Our Rural Outreach Project provides information and access to our services across the many rural communities of our district (funded by North Herts Council)
- We are currently delivering Scam Awareness sessions to various community groups throughout the region. If you would like a session delivered to your community group please call 07551 275413 to arrange (funded by Police & Crime Commissioner’s Fund for Hertfordshire (via Hertfordshire Community Foundation)
Advice in multiple areas
- Moving Forwards Together is a partnership of CANH, Create Community and North Herts & Stevenage CVS which provides a personalised package of support including practical advice, mentoring, wellbeing courses, digital skills and access to volunteering opportunities to those who are out of work (Funded by the Community Wealth Building Fund via North Herts Council)
- Advice in British Sign Language our clients benefit from the services of a county-wide BSL adviser (funded by Hertfordshire County Council and based at Citizens Advice Welwyn-Hatfield)
Follow, like and share!
Sharing and liking our posts on social media helps spread the word about the work that we do and lets people know about our campaigns. Sharing this information means we can help even more people even if they don’t contact us directly.